Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Book Review: Batman Nightwalker: The Graphic Novel

Batman Nightwalker: The Graphic Novel
*****

Thanks to my peeps at NetGallery for giving me a sneak peek.

Young Bruce Wayne hits 18 and suddenly he's a billionaire and everybody wants to piece.  While trying to navigate that he also gets pulled in to a mystery with an enigmatic lady and doesn't know who he can trust.
I haven't read the book this was based on, but I thought this story was great.  The art looks cool and they actually manage to pull of the whole superhero-before-he's-a-superhero story.  I've read enough of those to know that's not easy. Seems most fall into one of two pits.:  they either lean to hard and everything becomes a "get it? GET IT?!" moment or they go so far in the other director that the characters become unrecognizable.  I'm impressed with the authors ability to lead you along a familiar path while making everything new.  Well done.

No comments: