Saturday, August 29, 2009

Director's Note: Telephone Roulette

For Valley Theatre's second production we did a set of two shorter plays.  We began with Jack Finney's Telephone Roulette which centered on two bored female friends (Amanda Cox and Noelle Winkens) looking for a date for the weekend.  The main feature was Yasmina Reza's Art which focused on the strained friendship of three guys (Mike Cox, Ethan Stowell and me).  Both used the same set.  I directed Telephone Roulette and Hilary & Amanda co-directed Art.  Here's my note from the program.

Director’s Note:

     I am so thrilled to be getting the opportunity to bring some of Jack Finney’s work to life on stage.  I have been a fan of his novels since accidentally stumbling across a copy of Time& Again nearly 10 years ago.  As soon as I discovered that, aside from being a prolific novelist, he had also tried his hand as a playwright, I was determined to track down a copy for The Valley Theatre. As it is quite an obscure work by Finney, this very well may be the first production of Telephone Roulette since 1956!

No comments: