Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Halloween Team 2017: Firestarter

What do you get when you combine Stephen King, Marty Sheen, a mondo creepy George C. Scott plus a little post-E.T. Drew Barrymore? A hot time in the old town tonight, that's what!  My pick was Stephen Kings retro classic(?) Firestarter!

I don't know, this movie was a kinda bad.  But, it was bad in just the right way. Everyone involved was 100% committed and I was pretty curious as to where things were heading.  It was not scary.  It was not thrilling.  But it had a certain something.  And things got real crazy towards the end.  I liked it.  It was perfect for a do-it-yourself MST3K night.  I kinda wanna read the book now.  I also feel compelled to watch the TV sequel.

I give this 3 flames.

You can find my review of the book here.

For more on Stephen King tune in to this special episode of my podcast!

No comments: