Friday, December 13, 2013

Wise Women is go for launch!

It's always a little sad when a show comes to end.  Wise Women has been a lot of fun to work on, and, while I'll be glad to have some free time again, I'll miss it.  Amy made cast t-shirts, so at least we'll get a souvenir!  I'm hoping the cold won't keep too many people away!  Anyway, we open tonight!  Shows run Friday 12/13 and Saturday 12/14 at 7pm down in the Houghton Fire Hall.  Here's my brief director's note:

We’ve talked about doing a Christmas show for several years now, and finally the time was right.  I read many scripts before stumbling across Wise Women.  This one stood out to me because it was sentimental without being cheesy, fun without being too light and the characters seemed lively and interesting.

The cast has been great to work with.  They are all people I have directed before and most have worked together at some point or another, so we had a really easy dynamic that just made things fun.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy the show as much as we enjoyed putting it together.  Oh, and Merry Christmas. -NG

No comments: